Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt S Matt S is offline

Default Plotting and selecting data

Actually, adding #N/A messes up all my other calculations. :(

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

If you change "" to NA() in the formula, you will get something that looks
like this:

data time1 #N/A
data time1 #N/A
data time1 #N/A
data #N/A time2
data #N/A time2
data #N/A time2

The #N/A errors look ugly, but they are omitted in a line or XY chart
(rather than plotting as a zero).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matt S" wrote in message
No, essentially what I have is the following:

data time1
data time1
data time1
data time2
data time2
data time2

What I'd like to do is to start/end the series when time begins/ends.

Matt

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Does the timer increment for several rows, then revert to zero? You could
test for the timer value, and if it is greater than the pervious value,
it's
continuing, otherwise it's starting over. This blog post features a VBA
procedure that similarly divides columns into chart series based on a
test
of values in a column:

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...-chart-series/

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Matt S" wrote in message
Hello, I have a long-winded question:

I am analyzing data that goes in a sequence. I have:
Segments 1-15 as the first part of my test
Segments 16-18 as the second part of my test.

My macro calculates the time elapsed from segments 1-15 in column AO
and
16-18 in column AQ. If the time period is not running, then I have it
specified to pump out "" as the output. What I'd like to do is plot my
y-axis data in column AI in two graphs: AI versus AO and then another
AI
versus AQ. I do not know how to make the macro realize when the timer
has
started in the segment and when it has ended so that I can plot my
graphs,
as
the starting row is never the same between files.

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!
<3 Matt