Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Beavy Beavy is offline

Default Make an autocorrect entry italic

Jim,
No - what I am attempting to do is to autopopulate the autocorrect
list with some short code entries that can be used by some of my users
which will prevent them from having to type out the entire Latin
string when typing field reports and site management statements in
Word - as they can be tricky - I was hoping that I could force the
formatting (as can be done in Windows autocorrect) to italic (as all
Latin names for species must be shown as such) - given that someone
has managed to do something similar in Word (i.e. the link I pasted),
that something similar could be done - the list is to be kept in excel
as the macro I have will populate autocorrect with the agreed codes,
so its just the additional formatting requirement that is
outstanding.
I will give Bernie's code a go and see if that helps - I'm sure that
after 14 years as a developer I can manage to get my head round VBA
without the need to hire a consultant for such a small request.
Regards,
Bev.