Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bgetson bgetson is offline

Default FileSystemObject Issues

I'm getting an "invalid procedure call or argument" every time I try
to take control of a collection of files that I've grabbed. With this
setup:

Dim wkbk1 As Workbook, wkbk2 As Workbook
Dim objFSO As FileSystemObject
Dim objFiles As Files

Set objFSO = New FileSystemObject
Set objFiles = objFSO.GetFolder(strFolder).Files 'strFolder is some
path
Set wkbk1 = Workbooks.Open(objFiles(1))
Set wkbk2 = Workbooks.Open(objFiles(2))

I get an error the moment objFiles(1) or objFiles.Item(1) is called. I
know there are two files in the proper folder. objFiles.Count returns
2.

For Each f in objFiles
Workbooks.Open(f)
Next

^ This properly opens both files as I thought my original call should
have. What am I doing wrong?

On a side note, what is the proper way to open up a number of files in
a specific directory and assign each of them to a variable, so that I
can mess with them all simultaneously? In this case, I just happened
to know there were only two files, and I thought this would be
easiest.

Thanks for the help.