bj

one of the ways to do it is to use a user defined function

function currentdate(ref)
if ref = "" then xx="" else xx=now
currentdate = xx
end function

enter the function in a module in your workbook
and use = currentdate(B2)
for the cell you want to show the date when something is entered in B2
change the cell reference as you want to .

"Bear" wrote:

I have created a request for information form in Excel and want Excel to
record the date and time the request is made. I used an IF function to keep
the cell empty unless information is place in it and the NOW function to
record the date/time if a request is made. The problem is, everytime someone
enters a new request for information, every date and time field on the form
is updated automatically with the date and time at that time. How can I make
this work? I appreciate any assistance to this end.