Bob Phillips

No as easily.

You could use

=INDIRECT("Sheet"&A1&"!C5")

as an example, as long as they all follow the Sheet1, Sheet2, ... format.

--

HTH

RP

"Wes" wrote in message
Sorry I guess I didn't word my question clearly. I'm wanting to do this

as a
worksheet function. Is that possible? I was hoping to make this

spreadsheet
entirely without VBA.

Thanks.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Worksheets(Range("A1").Value).Range("somecellref") .Value

--

HTH

RP

"Wes" wrote in message
Just wondering if there is a way to reference a sheet without using

its
name.
I know in VBA you can reference the first, second, third etc. sheet

or
use
their names.

I want to use a formula that references a certain sheet dependent on a
different cell value. For example: if cell a1 value is 3, then my

formula
will refernce a cell on the third sheet. if cell a1 is 2, then the

formula
would reference the same cell but on the second sheet.

Thanks in advance for your help.