Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas[_4_] Gary Keramidas[_4_] is offline

Default Sum col with reference to criteria in other col

give an example of the data so we can help.

"Boss" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply but as i said i caanot use sumproduct because i have
many criteria to sum for.
i have database of 250 rows where scores of 70 emp is filled. I have to
pull
the total score of each employee in a different sheet.
i need to find the total score of each emp..

Hope thsi makes issue clear.. please help..

Thanks a lot..
Boss
"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

with data in a1:b8

excel formulas
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A8="yes")*(B1:B8))
=SUMIF(A1:A8,"=yes",B1:B8)

in vb, if you just want the values

range("e3").Value = application.Evaluate("SUMPRODUCT((A1:A8=" & """yes"""
&
")*(B1:B8))")
range("f3").Value = application.Evaluate("SUMIF(A1:A8," & """=yes""" &
",B1:B8)")
--

Gary

"Boss" wrote in message
I have foll data

criteria score Unique answer
yes 4 yes 20
yes 6 no 116
yes 6
yes 4
no 45
no 57
no 6
no 8

I need is sum of all the score for each criteria

Yes would give 20
No would give 116

I tried the foll...

Range("b3").Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.SumIf(Range("a:a"),
Range("c2"), Range("b:b"))

Problem is the criteria "c2", i wish to change using a loop. i cannot
use
sumproduct because the criteria are more in number close to 50.

Thsi something very imp for me and i am badly stuck.. please help..

Thanks!
Boss