Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Running MS Access From Excel VBA: Communication Between Processes?

Why not just run queries in the jet MDB using DAO or ADO from Excel VBA?
Then the Import button is in control and you can do progess messages as
required.
And of course it will be faster since you don't have to create an instance
of Access.

Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"PeteCresswell" wrote in message
Excel spreadsheet has an "Import" button.

Clicking it creates an instance of MS Access through which we open up
a .MDB and pull some strings that causes the .MDB to munch on some
data and push it into the spreadsheet.

Minor cosmetic problem: it's a fairly long process and all the user
has to go on is an HourGlass cursor.

If it's not too big of a deal, I'd like to have the MS Access app push
progress messages back up to the Excel VBA routine - or have the Excel
VBA pull same from MS Access.

Anybody done anything like this?