Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Make an autocorrect entry italic

"I would like to make the LongText italic"

I don't believe that is possible using AutoCorrect.
Text formatting in a worksheet cell depends on how the worksheet cell
is formatted, not on how the text is formatted when it is added to the cell.

Worksheets(1).Range("A1").Font.FontStyle = "Italic"
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Beavy"

wrote in message
Hi there - please excuse my ignorance - I've never used VBA before so
I do need some help!
I would like to make the replacement text into autocorrect formatted
into italic text (as it will be latin text) - I have the following,
Sub CreateLatin()
ItemCount = Application.CountA(Range("Sheet1!A:A"))
For Row = 1 To ItemCount
ShortText = Cells(Row, 1)
LongText = Cells(Row, 2)
Application.AutoCorrect.AddReplacement ShortText, LongText
Next Row
End Sub
However, I would like to make the LongText italic- please help me if
you can, I'd be very grateful.
Regards.