Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PeteCresswell[_2_] PeteCresswell[_2_] is offline

Default Running MS Access From Excel VBA: Communication Between Processes?

Excel spreadsheet has an "Import" button.

Clicking it creates an instance of MS Access through which we open up
a .MDB and pull some strings that causes the .MDB to munch on some
data and push it into the spreadsheet.

Minor cosmetic problem: it's a fairly long process and all the user
has to go on is an HourGlass cursor.

If it's not too big of a deal, I'd like to have the MS Access app push
progress messages back up to the Excel VBA routine - or have the Excel
VBA pull same from MS Access.

Anybody done anything like this?