Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Trefor Trefor is offline

Default Problems with Processing Emails

Norman,

Thanks I have worked it out between here and the Outlook Discussion Group.

--
Trefor

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Trefor,

In your Outlook thread, you replied to Michael:

============
Sorry but I am new to this, what does this "don't create a new Application
object but use the instrinsic one" mean? In my example code, have I done
something that breaks this rule? If so are you able to assist with what is
wrong?
============

Michael was referring to the fact that your
code creates a new version of Outlook
with the following instruction:

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application

---
Regards.
Norman

"Trefor" wrote in message
Norman,

The link between my problem here and Excel is:

1. I am more familiar with using VBA in Excel than Outlook (i.e. ZERO in
Outlook).

2. Once I have found the email, I will be writting the content to a text
file that I will be reading back in to an Excel spreadsheet. So some of
the
code will be the same. If I move this to Outlook VBA I will also have to
replicate a whole bunch of code.

3. I already have a system in place to distribute code updates for Excel,
but not for Outlook.

--
Trefor

"Norman Jones" wrote:

Hi Trefor,

I fear that I misread your question.

However, your similar post in the
microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
NG, was anwered by the Outlook MVP
Michael Bauer as follows:

Problems with Processing Emails
http://tinyurl.com/5rsr9o

============
If you run the code in Outlook 2003 or 2007 and don't create a new
Application object but use the instrinsic one, you wouldn't get the
security
prompt.
============

Perhaps, therefore, you should proceed
with your Outlook thread, especially as
any relationship with Excel would appear
to be tenuous.

---
Regards.
Norman

"Trefor" wrote in message
Norman,

Thanks for your reply.

Ok as I read it on Ron's site there is three choices.

1. Express ClickYes. Third Party, while free is not easy to distribute
by
the looks of it i.e. I can not embed in Excel. And appears to require
the
user to manually turn it off/on.

2. Outlook Redemption. Third Party and not Free for commercial use.

3. CDO, but this is not going to help me with Outlook emails by the
looks
of
it.

Are these my only choices (or have I misunderstood any of the choices)?

--
Trefor