Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Wierd Problem Excel 97

haven't used 97 in ages so this may be wrong. but in vb, click tools and then
references and see if any are tagged as missing. someone more familiar with 97
may chime in.

--

Gary

"John A" wrote in message
This problem defies logic and I am really scratching my head over it!
I would appreciate some help.

I have four computers A, B, C, D, all running Excel 97 SP2. Three are
XP SP3 and one is W2000 SP4

I have a financial worksheet which utilises VB code in workbook and a
number of VB forms. Works faultlessly on two of the XP computers (A &
B) and I can interchange files between these two computers without a
problem.

But on two other computers (C & D) , it fails with the message
"Compile error - can't find project or library"

So, I rebuild the workbook on either C or D by doing the following:
- Open a new workbook
- Copy all the data in all the Sheets from the failing workbook to the
new
- copy the Workbook and sheet VB code from the failing workbook to the
new
- Export all the VB forms from the failing workbook
- Import all the VB forms to the new workbook

Note - there is no change to any of the code.

Now the new workbook works on any of the computers, and I can use it,
save it, reuse it without a problem on the computer that I rebuilt it
on. However if I open it on computer A or B, change a data value then
save it, that saved file continues to work OK on A & B but gets the
compile error on computers C & D.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

John Allen