Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John A[_3_] John A[_3_] is offline

Default Wierd Problem Excel 97

This problem defies logic and I am really scratching my head over it!
I would appreciate some help.

I have four computers A, B, C, D, all running Excel 97 SP2. Three are
XP SP3 and one is W2000 SP4

I have a financial worksheet which utilises VB code in workbook and a
number of VB forms. Works faultlessly on two of the XP computers (A &
B) and I can interchange files between these two computers without a
problem.

But on two other computers (C & D) , it fails with the message
"Compile error - can't find project or library"

So, I rebuild the workbook on either C or D by doing the following:
- Open a new workbook
- Copy all the data in all the Sheets from the failing workbook to the
new
- copy the Workbook and sheet VB code from the failing workbook to the
new
- Export all the VB forms from the failing workbook
- Import all the VB forms to the new workbook

Note - there is no change to any of the code.

Now the new workbook works on any of the computers, and I can use it,
save it, reuse it without a problem on the computer that I rebuilt it
on. However if I open it on computer A or B, change a data value then
save it, that saved file continues to work OK on A & B but gets the
compile error on computers C & D.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

John Allen