Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dougw dougw is offline

Default sound

I am trying to click on a cell and have it play a wav file.... I have that
part working fine ( I belive )

But when I close excel after playing 1 or more wavs if always ask me if I
want to save changes
and I get the popup after only playing a file...no other changes.
Is there a way around this.... thanks

Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" _
(ByVal lpszName As String, _
hModule As Long, _
ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

Public Function PlayWavFile(WavFile As String) As String
Const SND_ASYNC = &H1
Const SND_FILENAME = &H20000
PlaySound WavFile, 0, SND_ASYNC Or SND_FILENAME
PlayWavFile = ""
End Function

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)

Dim WFile As String

WFile = ActiveCell.Value + ".wav"
WFile = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & WFile