Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Control-Break

Application.EnableCancelKey is what you are looking for.
Check the help file for details.
If you run any lengthy loops, make sure to put a DoEvents function
in there someplace.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Neptune Dinosaur"

wrote in message
G'day macrosaurs ....

I've had a good look around for the answer to this and can't find it, so I
promise I am not just being lazy in calling for help. I need to be able to
trap the Control-Break "event" when the user hits those keys to interrupt a
macro, in the same way (if possible) that you trap an error. I have a data
input/output application in Excel 2003/VBA that includes a "live demo" of how
to use the file. It runs for 2 - 3 minutes or even longer, depending on how
long the user lingers over the message boxes. I want the user to be able to
abort the demo at any time by hitting Ctrl-Brk without getting the scary run
time error that you normally get when you do that, i.e. I would like this to
be a neat, controlled exit (my users are not hightly IT-savvy).

An alternative that I was considering would be to actually provide Yes/No
message boxes at several strategic points throughout the demo, but it would
be nice to have the "leave at any time" option if possible.

Any ideas?
--
Time is just the thing that keeps everything from happening all at once