Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Percentage of values in list

Let list be in A1:A25
In B1 enter the text Ford
Enter other makes below that
In C1 type =COUNTIF(A1:A25,B1)
Copy this down the column by dragging its fill handle - Little solid square
in right bottom cornet when cell is selected
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am a excel n00b so, please be gentle!!

I have a caolumn with a list of values of cars like:

Ford
Chrysler
Ford
Toyota
Mazda
Toyota
Ford
Ford

I want to create a new sheet that lists all possible values and for
each value the number of times it appears in the list.

In this case it would be:

Ford 4
Toyota 2
Chrysler 1

etc etc etc

Could someone please help on how to do it?

The cell range is about C4-C26000 and has about 100 different possible
values so its quite large.

Thanks in advance,

-Al