Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] baobob@my-deja.com is offline

Default Excel macro security fails in directory XLSTART.

Peter T:

Belated thanks for much for reply, and thanks for MS link, which I
just skimmed.

Altho' it mentions XLSTART, its general treatment of the topic is too
complex for me to understand. Its one mention of XLSTART is:

"It should also be noted that users do not need administrative
privileges to install macros to certain template and startup folders.
Here are two examples of these locations in Excel:

* Documents and Settings\user name\Application
* Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"

I'm not quite sure whether that confirms that, with macro security set
to Medium, all macros run in XLSTART.

Also, that article is about Excel 2003, which evidently has a new Very
High security level over Excel 2002.

And finally, I'm now wondering whether this XLSTART override of macro
security in XLSTART is new to Excel 2002? I seem to have the feeling
that I never saw that in previous versions.

Thanks again.

***