Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John John is offline

Default remove Add-In?

Mark,
If you delete the AddIn then you can use this code I found on web sometime
ago (author name unknown so my apologies to him / her) to remove it from the
list.
May not be complete answer to you problem but hopefully give you some ideas.

Sub InvalidAddIns()
Dim lCount As Long
Dim sGoUpandDown As String
'Turn display alerts off so user is not prompted to remove Addin from list
With Application
.DisplayAlerts = False
Do
'Get Count of all AddIns
lCount = Application.AddIns.Count

'Create string for SendKeys that will move up & down AddIn
Manager List
'Any invalid AddIn listed will be removed
sGoUpandDown = "{Up " & lCount & "}{DOWN " & lCount & "}"

Application.SendKeys sGoUpandDown & "~", False
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogAddinManager).Show

'Continue process until all invalid AddIns are removed since
'this code can only remove one at a time.
Loop While lCount < Application.AddIns.Count
.DisplayAlerts = True
End With

jb

"mark" wrote:

I have an Add-In that has some code in it to connect to an Oracle database
and retrieve data... that part works fine.

But, at theend of processing, I'd like to not only uncheck it in the AddIns
list, but also remove it from the list altogether.

Is there a way that I can do that in code?

Thanks,
Mark