Bear

Default How can I use the NOW function and keep it from auto updating?

I have created a request for information form in Excel and want Excel to
record the date and time the request is made. I used an IF function to keep
the cell empty unless information is place in it and the NOW function to
record the date/time if a request is made. The problem is, everytime someone
enters a new request for information, every date and time field on the form
is updated automatically with the date and time at that time. How can I make
this work? I appreciate any assistance to this end.