Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CrimsonPlague29 CrimsonPlague29 is offline

Default Selecting File to do VLOOKUP From

but the workbook name changes every day.. buildday1, then buildday2(need to
get info from buildday1), then buildday3(need to get info from
buildday2)...etc
Becuase operators only update the current days file and I need to pull
specifc data from previous day's update

I need it to automatically find the most recent or give me an option to
select the file to vlookup from

"AndrewArmstrong" wrote:

Why can't you use a standard v-lookup with a syntax similar to this:
Just put the other workbook name in brackets

=vlookup(value to lookup,'[BuildDay1.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$B$7,1,false)