Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Anand Anand is offline

Default passing column character as subroutine parameter

On May 23, 4:03 pm, Anand wrote:
On May 23, 3:38 pm, Gary''s Student

wrote:
Sub main()
Dim s As String
s = "D:D"
Call adjustcolumn(s)
End Sub

Sub adjustcolumn(icl As String)
Columns(icl).ColumnWidth = 30
End Sub

We could have made that that passed an integer, but I like your idea better.
Passing a string allows the subroutine to adjust moe than one column at a
time.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007i

"Anand" wrote:
I want to pass a column character as parameter to subroutine. What
should I define it as? Also how can I use that inside subroutine?

For example, the API the subroutine should look like is as below:

formatColumn("C") - Should format column C as per defined in the
subroutine. I'm also not clear how I can use this "C" inside
subroutine to identify which column it is. I'm just requested to have
function such as this.

Any suggestions appreciated.

thanks,
Anand.

Is there a way I can get the column number from the column passed as
string?

thanks,
Anand.

got it. Columns("AA").column.