Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz JLGWhiz is offline

Default Is it possible to change and entire worksheet to text?

I have never tried it, but it seems like Cells.Value = CStr(Cells.Value)
should work.

"Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Thanks Norman -

However I didn't just want to format I needed to change the values to text.
But I think I have solved the issue by inserting a row of text first and then
uploading to Access then it will recognize the entire column as text.

Carie

Norman Jones wrote:
Hi Carrie,

Addresing the second part of your post:

===========
want to convert
all the information in the Excel files to text rather than a mixture of
values and text. I have been using the =TEXT function but the way the
worksheets are it is just as cumbersome as all the cutting and pasting. I
was
hoping for a little macro to just covert everything but in my searches I
cannot find a way. Does anybody know of one?
===========

Try:

Select all data
Menu | Format | Number | Text

---
Regards.
Norman

I have these files that I am receiving in Excel that are not set up to be
database friendly. I am spending hours cutting and pasting to rearrange

[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]
Thanks
Carrie