Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones[_2_] Norman Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Is it possible to change and entire worksheet to text?

Hi Carrie,

Addresing the second part of your post:

===========
want to convert
all the information in the Excel files to text rather than a mixture of
values and text. I have been using the =TEXT function but the way the
worksheets are it is just as cumbersome as all the cutting and pasting. I
was
hoping for a little macro to just covert everything but in my searches I
cannot find a way. Does anybody know of one?
===========

Try:

Select all data
Menu | Format | Number | Text

---
Regards.
Norman

"Carrie_Loos via OfficeKB.com" <u34134@uwe wrote in message
I have these files that I am receiving in Excel that are not set up to be
database friendly. I am spending hours cutting and pasting to rearrange
them
into a mode where I can import them into a little Access Database that I
have.
The problem is they are full of serial numbers some with symbols and/or
letters some with not. The field in Access is text and so I want to
convert
all the information in the Excel files to text rather than a mixture of
values and text. I have been using the =TEXT function but the way the
worksheets are it is just as cumbersome as all the cutting and pasting. I
was
hoping for a little macro to just covert everything but in my searches I
cannot find a way. Does anybody know of one?

Thanks
Carrie