Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default activate code upon save command

On May 22, 10:40*am, alex wrote:
Hello all,

I have the following code that's used to ask the user if he/she would
like to use a particular naming convention:

Sub xlsSaveAs()

Dim Why As Integer
Dim Answer As String

Why = MsgBox("Use Naming Convention?", vbYesNo, "FILE NAMING")

* * * * * * If Why = vbYes Then
* * * * * * * * * * UserForm1.Show
* * * * * * * * * * Answer = UserForm1.ComboBox1.Value & "_" &
UserForm1.ComboBox2.Value & "_" & UserForm1.TextBox3.Value & "_" &
UserForm1.TextBox4.Value
* * * * * * * * * * Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show Answer

* * * * * * Else
* * * * * * * * * * Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

* * End If
End Sub

I would like this code to execute upon any Save command; e.g., Save |
Save As | *etc. *Any suggestions on how to do this? *Also...

I would like this code to be stored in such a way that it's available/
activated whenever I open Excel. *Is that as simple as storing the
code in the Workbook object of Book.xlt?

Any help is appreciated.
alex

Are you wanting to do this for just a particular workbook, or for any
workbook? If for a particular workbook, use the BeforeSave event of
the ThisWorkbook module
Boolean)
'your code here
End Sub

If for any workbook, you will have to create an application level
Class Module. Have a look at Chip Pearson's site for info regarding
application events.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/AppEvent.aspx