Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
takedownsf takedownsf is offline

Default Error 1004 - Unable to set invertifnegative

columns

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Silly question but is the active chart you are trying to run the code on
a column or bar chart?

Cheers
Andy

takedownsf wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to record a macro that I can use with Advent Axys to change the
chart attributes in that program. When I try running the marco, I get a "run
time error 1004 - unable to set the invertifnegative property of the series
class" error message.

Someone on this forum suggested I try putting a (') in front of the code
that was giving me problems but after I did that, I got this error message,
"unable to set the color index property of the interior class."

Can someone please look at my code and tell me what's wrong? Thanks!

Sub imark()
'
' imark Macro
' Macro recorded 5/21/2008 by sandy
'

'
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(1).Select
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Select
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Select
With Selection.Border
.Weight = xlThin
.LineStyle = xlAutomatic
End With
Selection.Shadow = False
'Selection.InvertIfNegative = False
With Selection.Interior
.ColorIndex = 32
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ApplyDataLabels AutoText:=True,
LegendKey:= _
False, ShowSeriesName:=False, ShowCategoryName:=False,
ShowValue:=True, _
ShowPercentage:=False, ShowBubbleSize:=False
ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).DataLabels.Select
Selection.AutoScaleFont = True
With Selection.Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Bold"
.Size = 8
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = 2
.Background = xlTransparent
End With
With Selection
.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
.VerticalAlignment = xlCenter
.ReadingOrder = xlContext
.Position = xlLabelPositionCenter
.Orientation = xlUpward
End With
Selection.NumberFormat = "$#,##0.00"
ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue).Select
Selection.TickLabels.NumberFormat = "#,##0"
ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "ACCOUNT MARKET VALUES"
Selection.AutoScaleFont = True
With Selection.Font
.Name = "Arial"
.Size = 10