Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nozza Nozza is offline

Default Alternate row shading

I use some wide spreadsheets which get printed out landscape on A3
paper in order to track student progress in multiple subject areas.

Each row is for an individual student.

At the minute I highlight alternate rows (ctrl-clicking) and then set
a slightly shaded background, as it makes reading across a sheet a lot
easier than simply printing the gridlines. (Kinda takes me back to the
good old days when computer printouts could come on that green and
white paper...)

What I want is a macro to do this for me. So I simply click on the
first row header of the range, and then shift click on the last in the
range, and then I want to be able to select what background, and then
the macro takes over and sets each alternate row to have the selected
background.

I could then assign the button to a toolbar....

So, any thoughts on how this might be achieve?

Noz