Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Office_Novice Office_Novice is offline

Default Programmatically add worksheet function

Thanks for the help. The .Formula tip will be most useful.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

You can't use a variable directly within the formula string because that is
passed to Excel and Excel has no idea about VBA variable. Your code is very
close to what you want. Try

Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C1").Value = "=SUM(C2:C" & LastRow & ")"

Also, as a matter of style, I would change .Value to .Formula. Value will
work, but Formula is more accurate and self-explanatory.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Office_Novice" wrote in message
I haven't tried this before now and i am having a little trouble.

This is what i have:
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C1").Value = "=SUM(C2:C5000)"

And it works ok, But i wont always know the range. I need something like:

Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("C1").Value = "=SUM(C2:C" & LastRow)"

But i tried that and the function didnt recognize my variable. Any help
would be great.