Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1978_] Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1978_] is offline

Default UserForm specs

That is interesting... it never occurred to me that "English" keyboards
would be laid out differently. Just out of curiosity, where is the @ symbol
(what is in the Shift+2 key on my keyboard)?

Rick

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
That is not my problem. On UK keyboards the " is above the 2 on the top
line numbers. I am a very bad typist, and trying to get the right hand
second finger on the shift key , and the left hand second finger on the 2
is problematical for me, most other shifts I drive from my left hand. And
there are so many of them.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...
Tell me about it. I've been touch-typing for many, many years now and,
when not looking at the keyboard, I still tend to overshoot the quote
mark key for the Enter key more often than not. The odds that I would
have been able to touch-type the Array function assignment statement you
posted, short as it was, without missing the quote mark key at least once
is nearly nil.

Rick

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Good point, they must be the most annoying character on the keyboard.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote
in message ...
In addition to the Array function method Bob posted, there is this
alternative (which, if you are like me and hate typing multiple quote
marks if you can help it) you might want to consider...

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
ComboBox1.List = Split("Item 1,Item 2,Item 3,Item 4,Item 5", ",")
End Sub

where you can use any delimiter character you want so long as it is not
in any of the items in the list.

Rick

"alex" wrote in message
On May 19, 8:25 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Dim aryValues As Variant

aryValues = Range("A1:A20")
Me.ComboBox1.List = aryValues

---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"alex" wrote in message

On May 19, 7:33 am, Incidental wrote:

Hi Alex

The code below would be one way to do it.

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

TextBox1.Value = Format(Now, "YYYY - MM - DD")

End Sub

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks Bob and Steve; it worked perfectly. While I've got your
attention...Do you know the best way to add a list to a combobox? I'm
currently using .AddItem, but with a long list, it's a bit tedious.

thanks again,
alex

Thanks again Bob...I'd like to not reference anything on the
worksheet. I'm assuming I can still set up some kind of array.
aryValues = ?