Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
jack jack is offline

Default programming issue when using Excel automation

Hello,
My application interacts with Excel spreadsheet. Periodically it
reads some data from the predefined sheet's column.
Everything works fine, when user does not use that spreadsheet at the same
time.
However, when user is typing in the sheet at the same time when my app wants
to read data from it there is a problem. Excel displays 'Component Busy'
message with the Switch to..., Retry and Cancel options.

How to solve that problem?
My app uses Excel automation and it connects to Excel using this code:

Public WithEvents moExcelApp As Excel.Application

Set moExcelApp = GetObject(, "Excel.Application")
If moExcelApp Is Nothing Then
Set moExcelApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
End If

Your comments appreciated,
Jack