Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Albert Mulder Albert Mulder is offline

Default Ongoing Issue - I have tried to clarify so that you understand

Sweet. You da man.

Works great thank you.

"mikebres" wrote:

Oh, okay then try the CountA function instead.

=IF(COUNTA(K4:K10)=0,"",sum(K11:K17))

Mike

"Albert Mulder" wrote:

Ok I got the second part working but not the first because the user could
enter in "0", so the sum of H4:H10 could be "0" I would need to check it all
H4:H10 were blank not just one, but all.

Something like but that did not work

=IF(ISBLANK($K4:$K10)," ",SUM($K11:$K17))

if nothing is entered it returnes "0"

I must have the ISBLANK($K4:$K10) wrong

What would the correct code be?

"mikebres" wrote:

For the first one a quick method would be

=if(sum(H4:H10)=0,"",sum(H4:H10))

For the second you might try

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK(D9)),10,"")

I used the NOT and IsBlank function to show you an alternative method. You
could also have just tested for Zero.

=IF(NOT(D9=0),10,"") or =IF(D9<0,10,"")

Mike

"Albert Mulder" wrote:

That worked great.

How would I do this

I need to add H4 through H10 and check to see if they are all blank and if
so cell H11 needs to be blank.

Just a guess
Cell H11
=IF($H4:$H10="","",$H4:$H10)
But I get error #VALUE!

Also if I wanted to enter a value of 10 onto a cell how would I do that
Example:
E21 = 6 or any number

So then E22 would need to become 10

Cell E22 - again just guessing but did not work.
=IF(E21="","","10")

"mikebres" wrote:

Yoiu could change the formulas in column F to this
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL($E$4:$E$10, 2)),"",SMALL($E$4:$E$10, 2))
this will give you a blank cell if the Small function returns a error such
as #NUM.

and the formulas in column G to this
=IF(F5="","",F5-F4)
Because you have blank cells in column F you need to check for them in your
calculation. If any values in column F are blank then again this will give
you a blank cell in column G.

Mike