Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alan Beban[_2_] Alan Beban[_2_] is offline

Default Displaying Data in Matrix

Unless I'm mistaken, an example of what he wants is Range A1:D4
populated with Fred Bloggs,David Oliver and Harry Mulford in Cell A1
(corresponding to 1,1); Terence Baker and Henry Evans in Cell B1
(corresponding to 1,2); Tina Maguire in Cell C1 (corresponding to 1,3);
Cell D1 blank (since noone has the rating What=1 and How=4); Harrison
Ford, Gloria Gaynor, Liz Taylor and Nicky Clark in Cell A2
(corresponding to 2,1); Danny DeVito and Janice Greer in Cell B2
(corresponding to 2,2); Jane Smith, David Fleet and Mark Randall in Cell
C2 (corresponding to 2,3); etc.

Alan Beban

wrote:
Hi
This is what you say you want
"I want to display this in a 16 Box Matrix, where each of the 16 cells
may
have more than one person. As the performance rating combinations are
not
unique I have not found a worksheet function that could do this. "

Nobody but yourself can have much idea what this might mean
unfortunately.
You have described what you have in a table. Can you show the table
you WANT to see, and describe the process of getting it from your
original table.
regards
Paul

On May 20, 3:33 pm, Sue wrote:

I have an excel sheet showing individual names with 2 ratings each for
different elements of performance - example below

Name What How
Fred Bloggs 1 1
Jane Smith 2 3
Danny DeVito 2 2
Harrison Ford 2 1
Jon Davies 4 2
David Fleet 2 3
Terence Baker 1 2
Jo Fraser 3 4
Tina Maquire 1 3
Gloria Gaynor 2 1
David Oliver 1 1
Diane Martin 3 2
Michelle Page 3 1
Mark Randall 2 3
Katherine Heppburn 3 1
Andrew Bartley 3 3
Harry Mulford 1 1
Janice Greer 2 2
Henry Evans 1 2
Liz Taylor 2 1
Nicky Clark 2 1

I want to display this in a 16 Box Matrix, where each of the 16 cells may
have more than one person. As the performance rating combinations are not
unique I have not found a worksheet function that could do this.

Can anybody help on the VB side? I have a little VB experience but wouldn't
know where to start with this one!

Many thanks .

--

Sue