Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default help with chart script and data labels

hi jon,

the full script is in earlier post...not sure where the issue is...

chris

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Someplace you have to apply data labels. You've assigned a cell value to
an undeclared variable, but you haven't applied the value to anything.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Chris" wrote in message
the issue i'm running into is the case element of my code which generates
multiple series of the same name. I really am desperate to change the
datalabel text.,...

'' Add each series
Set srsNew = .SeriesCollection.NewSeries
With srsNew
riskRating =
rngDataSource.Cells(iSrsIx,cPointRatingCol) ''set the case variable
.Name = rngDataSource.Cells(iSrsIx, pointLableCol)
.Values =
rngDataSource.Cells(iSrsIx,cPointScoreCol)
.XValues =
rngDataSource.Cells(iSrsIx,pointProximityCol)
Select Case riskRating
Case "Very Severe"
.MarkerBackgroundColor = hColour
.MarkerForegroundColor = hColour
.MarkerSize = hSize
.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
Case "Severe"
.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 46
.MarkerForegroundColorIndex = 46
.MarkerSize = hSize
.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
Case "Material"
.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 44
.MarkerForegroundColorIndex = 44
.MarkerSize = hSize
.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
Case "Manageable"
.MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 4
.MarkerForegroundColorIndex = 4
.MarkerSize = hSize
.MarkerStyle = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
End Select
plotLabelVal =
rngDataSource.Cells(iSrsIx,plotLabelCol)
.Smooth = False
.Shadow = False
End With
End If