Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Johnny[_11_] Johnny[_11_] is offline

Default Strip 2 Numbers from a Hyphenated Range

I pulled the following 52-week stock quote range from Yahoo
financials: (8.50 - 11.87). This is in cell A1.
My goal would be to have the 8.50 in cell A2 and the 11.87 in cell A3.

I tried using the left and right formulas, and they work, but I am
trying to avoid a bunch of nested IFs to take into account the many
different sizes of numbers I might have to work with. It could range
from 3-5 digits on either side.

What I am looking for is the formula that would pull the left
characters out up until it hits the hyphen, and actually do a minus
one to get rid of the space between the digit and the hyphen. Ditto on
the right hand side of the range. I appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks
John