Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
officelackey officelackey is offline

Default combining worksheets

Hello all, I am trying to find out how to write a macro that will search for
an excel spreadsheet and combine it with the worksheet I am currently using.

for example:
I type the name of the worksheet i want to combine in a cell and press the
macro hotkey. excel then looks up that worksheet in a specified folder called
"pool" where all the necessary workbooks are saved. excel then combines the
contents of both workbooks (ignoring empty cells) on to one page.

The macro recorder seems to be able to do the copy and pasting I am having
trouble with the look up part. Thanks in advance for your help.