Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric @ BP-EVV Eric @ BP-EVV is offline

Default Probably a rather basic question....

I have a spreadsheet that looks something like this:

Item Fac Type Oper# Seq# Description
AA11 10 R 10 1 FT
AA11 10 R 10 2 108
AA11 10 R 10 3 110
AA11 10 R 10 4 112
AA11 10 R 10 5 FT
AA11 10 R 10 6 144
AA11 10 R 10 7 146
AA11 10 R 10 8 148

The spreadsheet has about 8,000 rows and is one of many I will be getting
that will need to be reformatted. What I need it to look like is this:

Item Fac Type Oper# Routing Description
AA11 10 R 10 WID 108.00-110.00-112.00
AA11 10 R 10 LEN 144.00-146.00-148.00

My brain seems to be stuck on how to begin...how do I define the data in the
spreadsheet as a recordset so VB will know what cells to use as input data ?

So far, all the VB coding I have done has had external data as the
recordset, this one has part of the Excel spreadsheet....Please help !

Thanks !