Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
test_52 test_52 is offline

Default Creating a custom toolbar add-in in Excel 2007

I have been able to create a custom toolbar add-in using vba in Excel 2007
from different examples that I have found on this site. The problem I am
running into is the visual layout of the toolbar. My drop down menu buttons
stack vertically instead of horizontally. Is there any way to change this? I
have a custom add-in that I found on the web that I had used in Excel 2003
and when I install it in 2007, the buttons are displayed horizontally. I
can't figure out where in the programming this is done.

I have attached some of my code that adds the drop down menus below. Am I
doing something wrong? Any help would be great! Thanks, Jason

Dim cmdBar As CommandBar
Dim cmdBarMenu As CommandBarControl
Dim cmdBarMenuItem As CommandBarControl

'drop down - Comments
Set cmdBar = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
Set cmdBarMenu = cmdBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup,
befo=cmdBar.Controls("Window").Index)
cmdBarMenu.Caption = "Comments"
cmdBarMenu.Tag = "JJT"

Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "Create rounded comment"
.OnAction = "RoundedComment"
.Tag = "JJT"
.FaceId = 588
End With

Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "Change comment color"
.OnAction = "ChangeCommentColor"
.Tag = "JJT"
.FaceId = 1691
End With

'drop down - Formatting
Set cmdBar = Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
Set cmdBarMenu = cmdBar.Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup,
befo=cmdBar.Controls("Window").Index)
cmdBarMenu.Caption = "Formatting"
cmdBarMenu.Tag = "JJT"
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "###°"
.OnAction = "DegreesFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"
End With
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "## ###/###"
.OnAction = "HPFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"
End With
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "## ##/##"
.OnAction = "InchesFractionalFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"
End With
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "#,###"
.OnAction = "NumberCommaFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"
End With
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "# ##/##Ø"
.OnAction = "DiameterInchesFractionsFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"
End With
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "##Ø"
.OnAction = "DiameterInchesFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"
End With
Set cmdBarMenuItem = cmdBarMenu.Controls.Add
With cmdBarMenuItem
.Caption = "##.#"
.OnAction = "GPMFormat"
.Tag = "JJT"