Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DavidH56 DavidH56 is offline

Default Count difference in days input box

Hi,

I am trying to make a macro with user input for counting the difference in
days. I would like to have the user input the start date and finish date.
Also I would like 3 answers to be given. Answer 1 Count days in 7 day week
which includes weekends (Sat and Sun). Answer 2 Count days in a 6 day week
with Saturdays only on weekends. Answer 3 Count days in a 5 day week which
excludes weekends. Also I would like to have the option of whether or not to
include my named range Holidays located in column "F". This is what I have to
start with and modify:

Sub DayDiff()
Dim sDate As String
Dim intNumDays As Integer
On Error GoTo errhandler
' Prompt for a date.
sDate = InputBox$("Enter a date in the mm/dd/yy format")
' Get difference between dates.
intNumDays = CInt(DateValue(sDate) - Now())
' Determine if difference is past or future.
If Sgn(intNumDays) = 1 Then
MsgBox "Days between " + sDate + " and today :" + CStr(intNumDays)
Else
MsgBox "The date " + sDate + " was" + CStr(Abs(intNumDays)) _
+ " day(s) ago."
End If
errhandler:
If Err 0 Then MsgBox "Please enter a valid date."
End Sub

Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

--
By persisting in your path, though you forfeit the little, you gain the
great.