Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Josh Josh is offline

Default Signatures

I am trying to make my excel sheet automatically give off the date and time
when some data is inputted into the cells next to it. I managed to do this
with this code but wanted to add the security that the person signing off is
actually authentic. I tried to insert your code into my previous code and it
kept giving me "Method "Value" of Object "Range" failed". Do you have any
suggestions?

On Error GoTo EndItAll
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 5 Or Target.Cells.Column = 8 Or
Target.Cells.Column = 11 Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
For Each cell In Target
If cell.Value < "" Then
With cell.Offset(0, 1)
.Value = Now
.Locked = True
End With
End If
Next
End If
EndItAll:
Application.EnableEvents = True
'ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="justme"
Range("e2").Value = Environ("UserName")
End Sub

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Jasmine,

I was suggesting an automatic way of signing, not needing your user to do
anything.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jasmine" wrote in message
That works perfectly. I put a button on the page and assigned it to that.
Thank you so much for your help!!!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Jasmine,

What event would trigger the signing, a change in (a certain) cell(s),
closing the workbook, or what?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jasmine" wrote in message
I am new to macros, how exactly does this work? Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Get the login id and put it in yourself, they get no option

Range("A1").Value = Environ("UserName")
Range("B1").Value = Form at(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jasmine" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a way to let users "sign" an spreadsheet

for
approval. We could accept them typing there initials in a cell,

but we
need
to authenticate that it was that person. Is there any way to do

this?
Thanks!