Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jason Jason is offline

Default Const and VBA values

The Names property is a string. You are receiving an error because you are
trying to assign a string to a Long variable type. You can probably correct
the error by multiplying your "ActiveSheet.Names("conlOFFSET_COLS").Value" by
the number 1 giving you:

lOFFSET_COLS = ActiveSheet.Names("conlOFFSET_COLS").Value*1
lINPUT_COLS = ActiveSheet.Names("conlINPUT_COLS").Value*1

"sgl" wrote:

Hi All,

I have the following DefinedNames conlOFFSET_COLS = 4 and conlINPUT_COLS =
6. I want to assign these two constants to my VBA code so that I can use
their values in my procedure. I have the following code ...

Dim lOFFSET_COLS As Long
Dim lINPUT_COLS As Long

lOFFSET_COLS = ActiveSheet.Names("conlOFFSET_COLS").Value
lINPUT_COLS = ActiveSheet.Names("conlINPUT_COLS").Value

When the code is executed I get a TypeMismatch error. I have tried various
ways of extracting the values but can't seem to get it right.

Does anyone have any ideas

Many thanks/sgl