Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
aquaflow aquaflow is offline

Default Convert text file into columns

On May 16, 2:39 pm, aquaflow wrote:
On May 16, 2:18 pm, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"

wrote:
Is that actual data you showed us? If so, I find it confusing as to what you
want. Do you want the word "Name" without the trailing equal sign in Column
A? Are we to skip over the *"dev"/"null" part? The other equal signs are on
lines by themselves? Anything you can give us to clarify the **actual** data
in the text file would be useful. Also, what is the approximate size of the
largest text file you would ever expect to process (in Kilobytes or
Megabytes)?

Rick

"aquaflow" wrote in message

contents of the text file
Name =
*"dev"/"null"
CodeVersion
=
ReleaseID
=

need to make col1 Name col2 CodeVersion col3 Releaseid using macro

Need some help

Name=Microsoft Excel
Codeversion=WIndows 2003
Releaseid=22

Here is the text file contents (total size is 4KB)
Name =
FAULTLOGSUPPORT
CodeVersion =
52.1
ReleaseID = (52.189.8000)

I want to create Col 1 Col 2 Col3
Name CodeVersion Releaseid

It is better to have a batch file to create a column based excel
output or a macro

Thanks for your help