Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default HLOOKUPs returning an NA value

On May 16, 10:51*am, wrote:
Hi,

I have two HLOOKUP formulae and both are returning an NA value:

a) =HLOOKUP(E$2,'FY09 Monthly'!D2:BL147,$A5,0)

and

b) HLOOKUP(E$2,TestNameRange,$A5,0)

The first one (a) works but when I copy it to the next cell, I get an
NA error:

=HLOOKUP(E$2,'FY09 Monthly'!D3:BL147,$A5,0)

In the second one (b), I have given a range a name and that doesn't
work either. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks,

Nadia

If you are doing a direct copy of your formula into the next cell, it
would be
=HLOOKUP(E$2,'FY09 Monthly'!D3:BL148,$A6,0)

Could this be causing your problem? It is hard for me to diagnose
your issue without actually seeing the spreadsheet. Feel free to send
it to me if you can't get it sorted.