Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JW[_2_] JW[_2_] is offline

Default Excel to notify date of birth

On May 16, 10:40*am, sinecodap .(donotspam)
wrote:
I want to create a worksheet with Staff dates of birth and get a notification
(column on worksheet blinking in any colour) 3 days to the staff's birthday
date whenever i put on my system

A blinking column would require the use of a timer and would be a load
on your system. I would recommend going a different way. Maybe a
message box saying the employees name or something like that. A
simple For..Next statement could be used to loop through the employees
and determine if the birthday is within 3 days prior of the current
date.

Assuming the employee names begin in A2 and go down and their
associated birthday are in B2 and down, something like this would
work. Of course, it would probably be better to just display one
message box with all of the names listed.

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim i As Long
For i = 2 To Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If Date = (Cells(i, 2).Value - 3) And _
Date <= Cells(i, 2).Value Then
MsgBox Cells(i, 1).Value
End If
Next i
End Sub

Or, you can highlight the person row instead of displaying a message
box.
Sub Auto_Open()
Dim i As Long
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
For i = 2 To Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row
If Date = (Cells(i, 2).Value - 3) And _
Date <= Cells(i, 2).Value Then
Rows(i).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 40
End If
Next i
End Sub