Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
T Lavedas T Lavedas is offline

Default Temporarily pause macro so that changes can be made on a workbook

On May 16, 7:46 am, Farooq Sheri
wrote:
I have macro that opens up a file ("Book1") and pastes some info onto it from
another file. I have code (While loop) in the macro that checks whether
"Book1" is still open or not. What happens is that with the macro running in
background I am unable to do any action on Book1. I have tried putting in a
Wait timer but things remain the same. Is there a way to get around this. I
want the code to continue once I close Book1.

Thanks in advance

It sounds like you want to add a DoEvents in the macro loop. It
should allow manipulation of data in the target spreadsheet.

Tom Lavedas
http://members.cox.net/tglbatch/wsh/