Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Help - simple but doesn't work.

For someone who is just muddling you are doing very well... Set only gets
used when you are trying to initialize an object (as opposed to a variable).
So that being said the 2 lines of code in question should not have set at the
beginning. I did not try your code but I think that should work.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"mr tom" wrote:

Hi,

I'm a very occasional (and not very good) VBA user in a company where nobody
else seems to. I can usually muddle my way through using google and a big
stack of books, but have come unstuck on something which really should be
very simple.

My intention was to produce some code which cycles through all worksheets in
the active workbook (they're all iterations of the same thing) and gets it
all formatted for printing.

I've come up with the following code:

Sub printy_thingy()

Dim ws As Worksheet
ws.Select

ws.Activate

ws.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$T$141"
With ws.PageSetup
.Orientation = xlLandscape
.FitToPagesWide = 1
.FitToPagesTall = 3
End With
ws.ResetAllPageBreaks
Set ws.HPageBreaks(1).Location = Range("A65")
Set ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks(2).Location = Range("A114")

Next ws

End Sub

Unfortunately, the lines:
Set ws.HPageBreaks(1).Location = Range("A65")
Set ActiveSheet.HPageBreaks(2).Location = Range("A114")
...just don't work. I get error messages when I try to execute them (Excel
2002).

Anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it?

Cheers in advance.