Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg H.[_3_] Greg H.[_3_] is offline

Default Update links only if file exists

I have built a Year to date report for my department that I send out on a
monthly basis. The main file pulls data from other documents to compile
everything. Because I know the name of every file it will pull from (its not
hard with you watched Sesame Street and learned your months) I set up all the
equations in the future months to already pull from those files. Problem is
when I open the document and select update links, it errors out once I come
to a file it can not find. Is there a way for it to skip over a file if it
does not exists and continue to look for the other files, updated those that
are there?