Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default code to SAVE

here's a link to a post that may be of additional help:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro... 3fde91588835b

try searching the newsgroup for the different components of your
problem.
susan

On May 15, 10:27*am, alex wrote:
On May 14, 1:07*pm, alex wrote:

Hi experts,

using Excel '03...

My company is trying to save its xls documents (and other MS docs) in
a particular format; e.g., Program_Desc_Date_Initials.

Is there a way to code Excel (possibly placing the code in Book.xlt)
that prompts/asks the user (when the user executes SAVE or SAVE AS) to
enter the appropriate program, description, date, and his/her
initials. *I'm thinking four input boxes (one after the other).

This data from the user would be concatenated and would form the file
name (now located in the Save As dialog box). *The user would then
simply choose a location.

Thoughts?

alex

Can someone tell me if I posted this question to the wrong group?

Thanks,
alex- Hide quoted text -