Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sba sba is offline

Default exporting data to the middle of a text file

Is it possible to write excel data to the *middle* of a text file? The
only writing/exporting I can find seems to either append the data to
the end, or overwrite the text file starting at the beginning (erasing
the existing text).

Woudl it work to rewrite the text file into a new name up to the
designated point, append the relevant excel cells at that position,
then continue rewriting the original text file into the new file? Not
sure I'm allowed to have files open for reading and writing at the
same time. And since my text file has 10,000's of lines, seems rather
slow and clunky to have to rewrite that many lines just to add a few
words.

I'm not new to programming, but rather new to excel/VBA. Thanks ahead
of time for any suggestions.