Steve McBride

How many worksheets is the data in?

It's possible to just create a new worksheet and use
=UPPER(Sheet1!A1) and copy it down and across to match the rows and column
count of the original worksheet.

Steve

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
JE's right about having to use a macro. I would just point out that this
will take a long time to run because of the amount of data in the sheet.
You might want to run it overnight. Also the macro requires you to select
all the cells to convert first. If you want to convert all the text

entries
without selecting use this:

Sub Upper_Case()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim Cell As Range
On Error Resume Next
For Each Cell In Cells.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues)
Cell.Formula = UCase(Cell.Formula)
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Jim
"mineralgirl" wrote in message
| My boss wants me to change a whole excel document to uppercase letters.

It
| has like 43,000 records. How do I do that? He says it's possible, but

I've