Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default RowHeight and AutoFit wit Merged Cells

I posted a couple of demos a while back that showed, respectively,
significant and trivial speed gain by disabling screenupdating (SU)
depending on what the code does to cells. As I said at the time I would

not
have expected much gain with what you are doing, however difiicult to
imagine why disabling SU affects your code so negatively.

Couple of thoughts: Are you toggling SU on/off multiple times in a loop (I
assume not). Is there anything that would take a long time on the sheet to
redraw, eg graphics, page breaks etc.

Excel is NOT visible.

I expect that the RowHeight, ColumnWidth , and AutoFit changes are causing a
repaint internally.
Poor implementation of ScreenUpdating.

Not that I know of.

"Microsoft documentation" is an oxymoron, to be polite.