Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vic Abrahamian Vic Abrahamian is offline

Default formula

Hi, I'm sorry.
Here is in an example
A1=0
B1=9600
C1=sum(A1-b1) which equals (-9600)
With the formula =(IF(A1=0,100,SUM(A1+B1)/ABS(A1))), I get 100
If I change the number to 2 I get 4801, is that correct?
If I change the number to -2 I get 4799

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

I'm not sure I'm following your question... the IF function I gave you
handles both the True and the False condition. It will return 100 if A1 = 0,
otherwise (for any other value in A1) it will return whatever
SUM(A1+A2)/ABS(A1) evaluates to. Isn't that what you asked for?

Rick

"Vic Abrahamian" wrote in message
Shouldn't there be a If Not statement too? what if A1 changes to a
different
number?
Thank you

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote:

Try this...

=IF(A1=0,100,SUM(A1+A2)/ABS(A1))

I'm not sure if the 100 should be 100% or 1... it depends on how you are
making the cell show the percentage.

Rick

"Vic Abrahamian" wrote in
message
Would anyone know what the formula should be for this below
=sum(a1+a2)/abs(a1)
If I want to use a conditional statement
If a1=0 need the result to be 100%,
but if A1 is any number other than 0 I need the formula above to work
as
it
should.
Thank you