Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones[_2_] Norman Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Modify Function Category Names and Contents

Hi Sweez,

Try something like:

'============
Public Sub TestIt()
Dim sStr As String
Const sName As String = "Longevity"
Const sDescription As String = _
"My Function to calculate longevity"
Const sCategory = "My New Category"

sStr = ThisWorkbook.Name

Application.MacroOptions Macro:="'" & sStr _
& "'!" & sName, _
Category:=sCategory, _
'<<============

---
Regards.
Norman

"sweez" wrote in message
I have several UDFs that I used Application.MacroOptions to place in a
new function category that I named. I now want to rename the category
and to take some of the UDFs that I prevously associaed with that
category out. Does nyone know how to do this? Even if I remove all
the VBA code associated with the UDF and category creation and naming
the category and associated function are still listed. I can not seem
to find a good way to munipulate the names and contents of the
categorys that I created/ named. Thanks in advance for any help.